Class 8 English Notes: - The Paraphrasing of the poem - The Poem "A Time to Talk" - Unit-2 Peaceful Co-Existence

Class 8 English Notes: - The Paraphrasing of the poem - The Poem "A Time to Talk" - Unit-2 Peaceful Co-Existence

 Unit 2:

" Peaceful Co-existence "

(National Book Foundation - New Book/New Syllabus Based on Single National Curriculum Pakistan 2023-2024 and Onwards)

(Class 8 English Notes for 8th Centralized Exam 2023 and onward, FDE, Islamabad)


The Paraphrasing of the poem "A Time to Talk": (Page-17)


Stanza 1:
WHEN a friend calls to me from the road
And slows his horse to a meaning walk,
I don't stand still and look around
On all the hills I haven't hoed,
And shout from where I am, What is it?

Whenever a companion shouts out to me from the road. And slows his horse to an intentional walk. I don’t stop and glance around. On all the high ground I haven’t weeded yet. And shout from the place where he is working, what is it?



Stanza 2:
No, not as there is a time to talk.
I thrust my hoe in the mellow ground,
Blade-end up and five feet tall,
And plod: I go up to the stone wall
For a friendly visit.

As there is always an occasion to talk to a friend. I push my rake into the soft ground. The blade-end up and five feet high. I walk slowly towards the stone wall of the field to meet my friend. 
For a pleasant visit.

************************************

A YouTube Video Presentation -- Please subscribe also!



************************************

Summaries of the Poems:

************************************


Source: English Book (National Book Foundation, Pakistan)

************************************

Shortcut Links For:

1.  5th Class All Subjects Notes

2.  8th Class All Subjects Notes


1. Website for School and College Level Physics   
2. Website for School and College Level Mathematics  
3. Website for Single National Curriculum Pakistan - All Subjects Notes 

© 2023 & onwards Academic Skills and Knowledge (ASK  

Note:  Write me in the comments box below for any query and also Share this information with your class-fellows and friends.

Post a Comment

0 Comments

cwebp -q 80 image.png -o image.webp